Sunday, February 14, 2010

Virginity.

It’s hard to decide whether I should be flattered or insulted by the circulating controversy of my virginity.

Yes, believe what you may in this day and age, I am in fact a virgin.

If you know me, or have seen me, I guess there are logical reasons as to why people are so skeptical.

But still.  Why would I lie about it?  Especially in times like which we live in.

Hardly no one is.  So me not being one wouldn’t be a surprise, or really looked down upon.

Therefore, I would gain nothing in saying I was a virgin, if in fact I wasn’t.

But what makes me laugh is when people ask me WHY I am.

It’s hard to explain.

A lot of people assume I’m either afraid, waiting for marriage, or just one of those weird girls who wants it to be

perfect and precise and how she’s always dreamed it would be.

It’s none of those.  Maybe a hint of fear but that’s normal.

The real reason is this.

What’s the point, or rush?

What am I going to gain from it?   And why does it matter when I do it?

I have never even been in a situation where it would be possible to.

Nor have I had a person who I’d feel even remotely comfortable with, or could imagine myself even wanting to lose it to.

Well there was one but we’re not talking about him ahaha.

Anyway, so there are a number of reasons.

I’m not saying that I don’t want to, or that I haven’t thought about it,

but when I really actually think think about it,

I’m just like…..okay well what’s the point?

When it happens, it happens.

That’s all I have to say for now.

[Via http://biteswrites.wordpress.com]

No comments:

Post a Comment